Photographer and filmmaker Chris Floyd has leant his sweet and easy cinematic eye to a number of short films for mens fashion destination, Mr Porter. The series called The Way I Dress watches from a cool distance as men with style, not just fashion, dress themselves.
The voice overs are pleasingly non-annoying and seeing as these are real men with real interests and are interesting, it’s as much an insight into their world as it is their wardrobe. Top of the lot is two minutes 49 seconds with Mr Waris Ahluwalia, a designer and actor who speaks in mellifluous accents about nothing in particular but makes it sound like everything.
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an '80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Zhiyuan Yang's photos of her parents scrutinise China's nuclear family dynamics
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled