If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Experimental animator Amanda Bonaiuto on building her own worlds
- Jaeha Kim channels different discplines of art through his graphic design practice
- The 14th issue of Nest speaks to the myriad experiences of gender
- Óscar Raña's scientific approach to illustration makes for beautiful geometric drawings
- Cabeza Patata brings energy and vivacity to its portfolio of 2D and 3D illustrations
- Whippets FC champions the unity and community of women’s football
- Q is the world’s first genderless voice hoping to eradicate gender bias in technology
- How and when do you shut down your studio? Carly Ayres on the decision to close HAWRAF
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- Tokyo 2020 reveals Olympic pictograms inspired by 1964 Games
- Graphic designer Jiri Mocek continues to produce inventive and expressive posters