If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum