If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Samuel Napper explores the psychologically strenuous period emergency workers face before a disaster
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- Remembrance isn’t just for anniversaries: Off The Block raises awareness for those affected by Grenfell
- "A bizarre mix of playfulness and seriousness": photographer Daniel Stier's Bookshelf
- Robert Rubbish on how he tells anecdotal stories of Soho using illustration
- Emotional States: why the theme for 2018's London Design Biennale is more important than ever
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- The International Science Council gets a new brand identity