If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Innovative graphic designer Samuel Bloch on how his work "creates an interesting contradiction"
- Illustrator Lily Kong's vibrant world of marshmallow babies, greenery and cats
- Photographer Dham Srifuengfung's endearingly fabulous shoot starring his childhood nanny
- Easle partners with top industry talent to launch freelance creative hiring platform
- Post-Soviet Visions: image and identity in the new Eastern Europe
- "The truth can be controversial": illustrator Edel Rodriguez on going viral
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- "Oddities, clumsiness and dogs": the mischievous output of designer Félicité Landrivon