If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- In photographing the American west, Andong Zheng uncovers hidden traces of Chinese history
- Meet Universal Thirst, the Bangalore and Reykjavik-based foundry offering a dual perspective on type
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories