If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity