If you needed any further proof that filmmaking duo Lernert & Sander are experts in their field, the new film they have created with COS is validation enough. Around COS is the follow up to last year’s collaboration, The Sound of COS, which just picked up an award for best creative direction at the Australian International Film Festival.
The clean-cut fashion film offers a dynamic 360 degree view of the Swedish brand’s AW15 collection by outfitting models with hula-hoops and Go Pro cameras. The idea comes from what the pair describe as “a need for fashion to go around the garment.” It is also the continuation of a previous project for men’s magazine Fantastic Man in which a national ice skating champion showed off different outfits by executing different spins on ice.
“We like to strip an idea to the bone and make it shine,” Lernert & Sander explain. “So our sets always look simple and monochrome. And that fits very well with COS. We just love Scandinavia! So that says it all.”
- Max Miechowski’s sun-drenched photos reveal the strength of diverse communities
- Bigfoot News is a self-published news bulletin for the homeless, by the homeless
- Robert Darch's series The Moor argues that we are already living in dystopia
- Friday Mixtape: Benedikt Luft's mix of tunes from his teenage years
- Sophie Koko Gate on illustrating social media’s influence on art criticism
- Anna Rhodes on designing a time-travelling set for Oscar Hudson's new Absolut advert
- Celebrating 100 years of the Bauhaus, Printed Pages AW18 is available to pre-order now
- Risograph printing is pushed to its best in Michiel Schuurman’s new book
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Laughing at the world of graphic design with Tracy Ma
- Friends fans rejoice - Comedy Central gets first brand refresh since 2011
- Caterina Bianchini releases new publication filled with hand drawn type