2014 is a big year for Cape Town. Not only does it follow Helsinki as World Design Capital, but its flagship festival of creativity Design Indaba celebrates its 20th anniversary. And so we are delighted to announce that It’s Nice That has joined forces as a media partner for this year’s conference, generally regarded as one of the most inspirational around.
Editor-in-Chief Rob Alderson will be heading out to the conference at the end of February to report on the goings-on and to interview some of the stellar line-up of speakers, which this year includes Stefan Sagmeister, Thomas Heatherwick and Lauren Beukes. With more than 20 nationalities represented on the bill and an emphasis on presentations which go beyond the traditional conference format, it’s sure to be an exciting and enlightening few days.
Tickets are still available for the Design Indaba conference which takes place from 26 February to the 28 – visit the website for more information. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Cape Town!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum