PESKY BEE! Today is the day fans all over the world wring their little tiny/big hairy hands together for: the day when a new episode of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared is released! Did you know that the first episode of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared has over 24 million views on YouTube? With that many fans to please, Becky and Joe have been working overtime on this one, collaborating with a bunch of new people as you’ll see in the increasingly lengthy credits at the abrupt end.
In recruiting new helpers, they’ve managed to make their most ambitious episode so far, taking their characters travelling through a computer’s face into a Tron-like world of noise, panic and chaos. I won’t say any more, just watch it. Meanwhile, Becky has very, very kindly lifted the lid on the secretive nature of the making-of and sent us over some amazing behind-the-scenes photos from the episode. Think your job is kind of a bit fun? It’s not. Look at theirs.
- Chris Brooks has spent a decade rediscovering his family's 100-year-old printing press
- Spanish artist Ignasi Monreal firmly places classical painting in the now
- Kai Tang on how book design is timeless and therefore “more valuable”
- Tim Schutsky turns snow globes and scuffed-up trainers into scenes worth a second glance
- Champagne Nicko's illustrations feature characters in perpetual party mode
- Pablo Amargo on his simple and humorous illustrations for The New York Times
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance