PESKY BEE! Today is the day fans all over the world wring their little tiny/big hairy hands together for: the day when a new episode of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared is released! Did you know that the first episode of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared has over 24 million views on YouTube? With that many fans to please, Becky and Joe have been working overtime on this one, collaborating with a bunch of new people as you’ll see in the increasingly lengthy credits at the abrupt end.
In recruiting new helpers, they’ve managed to make their most ambitious episode so far, taking their characters travelling through a computer’s face into a Tron-like world of noise, panic and chaos. I won’t say any more, just watch it. Meanwhile, Becky has very, very kindly lifted the lid on the secretive nature of the making-of and sent us over some amazing behind-the-scenes photos from the episode. Think your job is kind of a bit fun? It’s not. Look at theirs.
- Brr it’s cold in here, it must be Best of the Web in the atmosphere!
- Is it real, or is it not? Mirror Mirror's identity for Integrated 2017
- Alex Moy’s animation explores where our minds drift off to when we’re distracted
- Friday Mixtape: Jake Chapman’s band, Funhole
- Islena Neira’s halftone animation depicts a sleepless night
- Hezin O’s charmingly illustrated 2018 calendar inspired by A-Z cards for children
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Photographer Ivar Wigan on his new collaboration with larrydavid420
- Loud, vibrant, evocative: Paul Gorman tells The Story of The Face