As you know I’m not one to point the finger of blame at anyone but my Editor’s Letter is a few days late and we need to find the culprit. Now I’m prepared – as the editor and the person who writes the editor’s letter – to take the lion’s share of the blame but I think maybe in the interests of ongoing harmony that we all learn a bit of lesson, collectively, and move on. Deal? Great, well let me crack on and tell you what’s coming up for February.
First of all the podcast is coming back with a bang THIS VERY FRIDAY with a slightly tweaked format but the same combination of art and design news and views, as well as some more irreverent nonsense. Be excited ears of the world – and catch up on what you’ve missed in Series Two here.
You may have seen by now that we’ve started dropping the videos from last year’s Here conference with wit and wisdom from the likes of Eike Konig, Giles Duley and Quentin Jones now available for your viewing pleasure. And next week we’ll be releasing early bird tickets for this year’s Here symposium. I can’t tell you who’s speaking but trust me when I say there’s some STONKING names confirmed already.
What’s that? You can’t wait until next week? Ok, well how about a new event we’re launching tomorrow? Good news then because we’ll be releasing details of an exciting new monthly venture around lunchtime and tickets are sure to be hotter than the sun.
And while we’re on exciting launches hands-up who’s keen to find out all about the new It’s Nice That published magazine? March 8 is the date for your diaries then and it’s no word of a lie to say that everyone here at It’s Nice That headquarters is super-excited with a thrilling new direction for our print offering.
Enough teasing though. Something you can enjoy right now is our collaboration with the excellent guys at Represent Recruitment to investigate what factors, physical and cultural, make up the ideal studio.. The list of agencies involved is stunning and there’s a mass of insight to enjoy every weekday this month.
And that’s just about that. Loving your work as ever team. Now let’s never talk of the delay again.
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Starting Out and Making It - what we learned at A/D/O
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity