Estonian design agency AKU has designed a versatile brand identity for new banking app Pocopay. Aiming to revolutionise the way users handle their day-to-day finances, Pocopay’s fluid product, branding and communication design looks to reflect the business’ innovative approach.
Responding to the constantly evolving ways people access and manage their money, AKU has developed a mobile-first visual identity, website and app. The modular and aesthetically simplistic design elements draw focus to the concept’s user experience and bring calm and clarity to banking, an area commonly synonymous with overwhelming jargon.
Having integrated animation from motion design specialists Tolm and mobile UX-UI from Mobi Lab, AKU’s work for Pocopay is an example of how a considered and comprehensive approach to design for banking and finance, an area that so often sees products developed from an archaic perspective, can transform the efficiency of our everyday tasks.
- Unseen Amsterdam's artistic director on how its richest line-up yet inspires and informs
- Jackson Green’s design work explores the chasm that exists between statement and intent
- Why Materials Matter: Seetal Solanki's accessible proposal for the future of materials, designed by Our Place
- Friday Mixtape: Animator Steve Smith takes us from Kate Bush to Oneohtrix Point Never
- Tom Galle’s internet-based practice captures your attention in a few seconds, scrolling through your feed
- “Fear and desire for connection and the blocks to it”: artist Martine Syms on her exhibition Grand Calme
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- Uber gets another new logo, gives you something to make small talk about this weekend
- Swedish design studio Amanda & Erik avoid the tropes of minimalist, Scandinavian design in their practice
- You know that great feeling of popping a spot? You'll get that from Sophie Koko Gate's new animation
- Studio Hyte's identity for iiii Magazine examines the characteristics of type, code and interaction on the web