Some people have everything. Take Ethan James Green: at 26 years old, the New York-based photographer already has a successful modelling career behind him. Having featured in campaigns for brands like Calvin Klein and Marc Jacobs, with a helping hand from his mentor David Armstrong, Ethan switched places to work behind the camera, quickly establishing himself as a disruptive force in fashion’s vacuum.
Working mainly in black and white, Ethan shoots strikingly tender portraits which seek to kick the fashion industry into 2017 by questioning preconceived, outdated ideals of beauty. Mixing portraits of industry insiders Tavi Gevinson and Kate Moss with New York’s most scene-shaping forces like nascent fashion brands Vaquera and Moses Gauntlett Cheng and trans actors and activists, Ethan James Green’s beautifully executed editorial rework industry norms and replace them with powerful representations of multifaceted reality.
Having shot for i-D, Love, C☆NDY, Re-Edition, with his latest campaigns including Adidas Originals, Diesel Black Gold and Alexander McQueen, Ethan has secured his place as one of fashion’s most promising ones to watch.
- Why should you apply to The Graduates 2019? Three grads tell us how it helped their career
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durand aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!