What a combo, my fave photographer Francesca Jane Allen (Frenchie) and the spectacular woman of the moment, Jessie Andrews. Jessie is the kind of girl I would love to be friends with: she’s fun, confident, cool, intelligent, driven and she lives in LA where I’ve heard it’s sunny all year round and orange juice comes out of the taps.
Jessie’s widely known for being a porn actress, but is also into designing jewellery and DJing. She’s got this thrilling quality to her that people are gagging to get a slice of, so it’s no surprise that the media are going nuts over her. “Jessie is dead cool and really easy to work with,” Francesca told us. “We’re a similar age which is always nice. It was a visual collaboration between the two of us, she had as many ideas as I did and we styled the shoot together. And obviously photographing my ultimate girl-crush was incredible!”
What’s so beautiful about this series is that Francesca’s loveliness and laid back style of shooting has portrayed Jessie as a friendly gal next door type, but with a big helping of strong, self-assured, take-no-prisoners Empress kind of vibe. It makes me vibrate with excitement to have such a strong series of images shot of a fantastic woman, by a fantastic woman.
- Matthew Keff digitally riffs off the design tropes of social media and advertising
- For illustrator Doris Liou, “drawings are about what you want to show others”
- Julian Glander is on the lookout for a collaborator to create a new set of emojis
- Revue Tintamarre is a free publication showcasing the work of one student every month
- Marta da Silva’s impressive portfolio is “fluid, futuristic and somehow blissfully chaotic”
- Double Click August is full of playful designs that prompt user interaction
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals