What a combo, my fave photographer Francesca Jane Allen (Frenchie) and the spectacular woman of the moment, Jessie Andrews. Jessie is the kind of girl I would love to be friends with: she’s fun, confident, cool, intelligent, driven and she lives in LA where I’ve heard it’s sunny all year round and orange juice comes out of the taps.
Jessie’s widely known for being a porn actress, but is also into designing jewellery and DJing. She’s got this thrilling quality to her that people are gagging to get a slice of, so it’s no surprise that the media are going nuts over her. “Jessie is dead cool and really easy to work with,” Francesca told us. “We’re a similar age which is always nice. It was a visual collaboration between the two of us, she had as many ideas as I did and we styled the shoot together. And obviously photographing my ultimate girl-crush was incredible!”
What’s so beautiful about this series is that Francesca’s loveliness and laid back style of shooting has portrayed Jessie as a friendly gal next door type, but with a big helping of strong, self-assured, take-no-prisoners Empress kind of vibe. It makes me vibrate with excitement to have such a strong series of images shot of a fantastic woman, by a fantastic woman.
- In the Studio With: Balancing innovation and usability, with digital creative studio Future Corp
- Dis.art turns "learning into a Netflix-like experience"
- James Aspey's grid inspired typeface New Europa features a user-generated specimen
- Photographer Stratos Kalafatis on life inside the 1200-year old Mount Athos
- Sean van den Steenhoven’s projects utilise voice as a design tool to make statements
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- “I love the imperfections, the grains and the stains": Ryan Ormsby on his creative approach
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Fill your AR world with collage, courtesy of app Dumb Fun
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design