What a combo, my fave photographer Francesca Jane Allen (Frenchie) and the spectacular woman of the moment, Jessie Andrews. Jessie is the kind of girl I would love to be friends with: she’s fun, confident, cool, intelligent, driven and she lives in LA where I’ve heard it’s sunny all year round and orange juice comes out of the taps.
Jessie’s widely known for being a porn actress, but is also into designing jewellery and DJing. She’s got this thrilling quality to her that people are gagging to get a slice of, so it’s no surprise that the media are going nuts over her. “Jessie is dead cool and really easy to work with,” Francesca told us. “We’re a similar age which is always nice. It was a visual collaboration between the two of us, she had as many ideas as I did and we styled the shoot together. And obviously photographing my ultimate girl-crush was incredible!”
What’s so beautiful about this series is that Francesca’s loveliness and laid back style of shooting has portrayed Jessie as a friendly gal next door type, but with a big helping of strong, self-assured, take-no-prisoners Empress kind of vibe. It makes me vibrate with excitement to have such a strong series of images shot of a fantastic woman, by a fantastic woman.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity