It’s September! The month of new school shoes, new stationery and, it would seem, new websites. Like the cool older brother it is, Fantastic Man today ushered its sister magazine, The Gentlewoman, into the spotlight. And to accompany the new issue of the magazine followed the launch of The Gentlewoman’s website, which has just been given an incredibly elegant makeover by designer Denny Backhaus.
It’s hard to believe the mirroring of styles between the two sites can be anything but deliberate (they are siblings, after all) and the chic simplicity with which both sites are finished is perfectly suited to the strong, intelligent and polished tone that Fantastic Man and The Gentlewoman share. The site even changes colour! What more could you want? Denny, you have done us proud.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum