Lucas Hunter, Luca Lozano, Planet Luke. Meet the man with three names currently making waves all over Europe’s music and graphic design scenes. Now living in Berlin (via Sheffield, Cornwall and London), Lucas Hunter is the man behind Klasse Recordings, a Berlin-based imprint where he works with Mr Ho as owner, A+R, artist and designer. Lucas also performs as a producer and DJ under the name Luca Lozano, and manages the graphic designer for grafitti-centric tape label Grafiti Tapes and 12” vinyl label Zodiac44 under the moniker Planet Luke.
Lucas’ interest in graffiti is highly visible in his flyers and artwork which carry graffiti writing’s DIY ethos and emphasis on the handwritten. Lo-fi and nostalgic, Luke’s graphic design work mixes 90s digital design with xeroxed imagery, and acid house aesthetics with graffiti signatures such as bubble writing.
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- Moroccan heritage and western cues collide in photographer Mous Lambrabat’s portfolio
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!