Brave of a confectionary company to tackle imitating a british confectionary staple, but let’s give them three cheers for doing a ruddy good job of the packaging design. Helsinki-based agency Bond were commissioned by leading Nordic sweetie makers Cloetta and came up with this super-colourful homage to the Bassett’s Allsorts we know and love. Haven’t had one of these sweets for ages, and now I really, really want them. Those colours! It’s a packaging designer’s dream!
The designers from BOND kindly told us a little about the project. "The old Allsorts package design had 3d illustrated images of the product and didn’t stand out very well from the other English liquorice products. Another reason for the redesign was that the client had improved the recipe of the product and they wanted to clearly communicate it to the consumer. Someone might have just added “New Recipe!” on the old package, however we solved the brief by illustrating the product itself for an inspiring shelf impact that sells."
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Córdova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner