What is happiness, good people? Adam Buxton, dressed like an angry stick of rock with a beard and swimming cap, being directed by Garth Jennings to point at and avoid exploding sand moles in perfect synchronicity to music that sounds “like a cross between Rammstein and The Muppets.”
This Guitar Wolf cover of Eddie Cochrane’s Summertime Blues never loses its non compos mentis momentum and Garth’s video – what with the very un-British queue-jumping for some “Summertime Booze” at 32 seconds – could not possibly have done it any more justice. Also, as we found this on Adam’s YouTube channel where he stores his jewels for his magnificent BUG programme, we should also point you at a very nice film of the chaps as they chat about the vaguely dangerous making-of for Sky Atlantic.
- Atelier Brenda reveals who Brenda actually is at June's Nicer Tuesdays
- Audun Alvestad creates tender paintings of the “ordinary Joe”
- Jordy Ringeling's designs reinterpret the obscure (and suggest we should stop breeding)
- “I’m a born again Cliff fan”: Photographer Robin Mellor on snapping avid Cliff Richard fans
- Emily Stein's latest series tells the story of Akemi and her 100 Kimonos
- Samuel Napper explores the psychologically strenuous period emergency workers face before a disaster
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Luke Insect designs a "BMX break up album about teenage love and endless summers"
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist