With Here only a couple of weeks away and our speaker profiles finished, we wanted to give you the inside scoop on the activities and live elements we’ve got planned for our big symposium.
One of our favourite illustrators, Jim Stoten, will be putting a spin on the classic seaside photo-board cut-out, creating a fantastic piece especially for our guests at Here. Jim’s weird and wacky illustrations have seen him work with the likes of Creative Review, MTV and The Guardian. He’s also recently collaborated with the Layzell Bros on Adam Buxton’s animations for Bug TV, providing illustrations bursting with colour and madcap characters. Guests can pop their heads through the holes to become part of the picture.
Temporary tattoo experts Tattly will be providing us with a selection of their favourite designs at Here. From the brains behind swissmiss, Tattly launched in 2011 with a wonderful array of tattoos from an all-star lineup of designers. Guests can catch them in the breaks to get their own tattoo applied.
And, while you’re at it you can also visit Photobot. Back for a second year, Photobot’s ready to photograph our guests and serve up snapshot souvenirs of the day. Customised for Here, the booth is a multi-tasking machine that entertains you while taking your photo.
We’ve also been working hard to curate a Here reference library featuring titles published by and about our speakers, as well as themes from the day and books so jam-packed with brilliant design we just had to share them with you.
Finally, congratulations to Myles Palmer who won the WeTransfer competition including two tickets to Here with this striking photograph (showing where he’s most creative) picked by the WeTransfer team.
Tickets to Here have now sold out but you can add your name to the waiting list in case any more were to become available.
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- From 3D in-browser games to cinematic portfolios: it's November’s Double Click
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"