It’s Friday and you know what Fridays are excellent for? Catching up with friends. So in the Friday spirit here’s a lovely slideshow of work by illustrator Ian Stevenson, long time amigo of the site. His latest solo show Really Shit is on at the Ship of Fools gallery in The Netherlands and as always it’s a super-fun mix of whimsy and gentle subversion. A nice way to start the weekend.
The show runs until the end of August and should bring Ian’s brilliant stuff to the attention of an even wider audience.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum