Bit of an exciting one from the guys over at Ideas Factory who have just finished rebranding Highgate estate agents Benham and Reeves. I know what you’re thinking, but don’t. Put aside your phobic attitude towards those real estate vendors and just enjoy the fact that for once, one of them has an identity that’s actually rather pleasant to look at.
Ideas Factory have carefully balanced the company’s 50 year heritage and classic logotype with graphic motifs and contemporary typography that pulls them comfortably into the present. Coupled with a punchy navy and yellow colour palette and some luxuriously printed promotional materials (nothing says big business like thick, inky stock) this is an undeniably premium piece of branding that maintains substance over style throughout. After all, it’s the properties you should be focussing on, not the packaging they come wrapped in.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled