Designjunction unveiled this year’s London Design Festival show today and it’s an impressive, eclectic bunch gathered in the basement of Victoria House in central London. But however good a multi-designer show is, there is always a moment when product fatigue can set in and it takes something a bit different to snap you out of it. Luckily Innermost’s HiHo rocking horses were just the thing – well-made, whimsical and apparently a bona fide piece of furniture rather than an extravagant toy for adults. Rock on amigos!
The rest of the autumn/winter collection is interesting too with a nice mix of lights and furniture that reveal a playful, cosmopolitan and design-savvy sensibility.
- Jordy van den Nieuwendijk is back with his most colourful show to date
- Library Paper, by Catalogue Library, returns with its eighth issue: trips
- Olgaç Bozalp and Benjamin Kirchoff photographs Turkey's male belly dancers
- Alex Grigg’s animation Born in Void tackles isolation in a vivid, abstract, interstellar landscape
- Nice Time Guaranteed: Introducing the It's Nice That x Timex watch
- Andrew Onorato’s surreal short about a genie and his eggy housemates
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for