Us Brits are known for our sense of humour, but some things you just don’t mess with and our much-loved fried breakfast is one of them. So when photographer David Sykes and model maker Jessica Dance decided to pay homage to the artery-clogging national institution, they knew they had to get it right. Luckily for them (and us), they nailed it, thanks to the duo’s superb attention-to-detail.
“I would say the bacon was probably the most time-consuming to knit as I really wanted to make sure the fat looked convincing,” Jessica told us. “The same goes for the sausages – getting the subtle griddle detailing took some careful planning! Also I knitted each of the baked beans individually so that was a bit of a labour of love.”
The breakfast is part of the pair’s series Comfort Food which also includes a burger and chips, the classic American hot dog and even a Christmas dinner. Thanks to Jessica’s consummate skills each individual piece looks brilliant, but the compositions come together thanks to David’s eye; he lit each piece in exactly the way he would set-up for an actual food shoot.
As you can see the results are magnificent, and make us confusingly hungry…
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!