Let’s all give a big round of applause to the people behind Instagram who, in creating a convenient photo-based social media outlet, also paved the way for Instagram artists. If Instagram is the Impressionist salon of our time, then right at the forefront of this digital gallery is Kalen Hollomon, whose own brand of photo-collage is a tongue-in-cheek giggle at both the fashion industry and at commuters in general, and is hugely popular with it.
Using cut-outs of figures from ad campaigns, newspapers and vintage magazines, Kalen takes photographs of them against real life scenes, morphing them into strange, pseudo-sexy but also quite unsettling new images. Childish? Yes, but also hilarious. I dare you not to laugh at an unsuspecting stoic-looking man wearing a sheer midi pleated skirt.
- “We will fight on the battlefield!”: A day in the office of Studio O.OO
- This is Antwerp: why you'll want to visit Europe's most atypical city
- A glimpse inside FKA twigs’ year-long pole-performance training schedule
- Graphics studio Brest Brest Brest injects some silliness into French cultural institutions
- Enter the saccharine lunacy of Becky and Joe’s idents for Trolli sweets
- AI personality consultant to digital matte painter: The creative jobs you didn’t know existed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!