It doesn’t matter how creative you might be – every now and again the sheer monotony of the daily slog can drag you into a little grey pit of dullness and boredom. You can’t help it, it’s just how it goes. Peaks and troughs, right?
“Right!” I hear you cry! And troughs are rubbish! So to help ease your fatigue and give you a boost of innovation, over the coming weeks we’ll be publishing the brilliant talks which took place at Here 2013 earlier on this summer, on the It’s Nice That audio-visual channel First Broadcast.
Here 2013 saw us gather together some of most exciting and engaging talents around for a festival of creativity, to share their insights and inspirations with an audience of more than 600 delegates. Graphic artist and art director Kate Moross was just one of those cage-rattling speakers; her rousing talk focused on her own take on “DIY Punk Ethos,” and the sheer simplicity which the digital age has opened up for creatives. In short, if you don’t know how to do something, go on YouTube and find out, because there are no limits to what you can do or be. I can think of no better way to blow away those cobwebs.
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories