Glancing your eye over new artwork it is almost second nature to categorise it into a mental folder – there’s a drawer for illustration, a drawer for painting, and a little drawer in the corner for really really weird stuff right? But what makes artist Koen Taselaar extraordinarily cool is try as you might you can’t possibly put one single label on his work. Creating drawings, illustrations, collages, sculpture AND beautiful typography, Koen Taselaar can only be described as a master of all things creative and if you thought quality would inevitably differ between medium you couldn’t be more wrong.
Rather impressively Koen is somehow amazing at all of the above and as a result his online portfolio is absolutely stunning. With each of his pieces intricately detailed, his raw talent, creativity and obvious passion for the art is undeniable.
Living between Berlin and Rotterdam and with titles for his work including Cigarette Butt Sluts, Binge Drawing and The Depressed Colourwheel, he seems a rather cool guy too. What’s not to love?
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum