To celebrate the launch of the Autumn issue of Printed Pages, we’ll be giving you a taster of some of the articles all this week. Below you’ll find a selection of photographs from the article; to see the full series you can buy the latest Printed Pages here.
Loosely based on Babinet’s theory of diffraction, this series of photographs by Lightning & Kinglyface and Kate Jackling explores a fascination with light and its effects on different materials and forms. With a focus on structure, perspective and composition, this is a collaborative study attempts to probe the nature of light, its presence, absence and everything in-between.
- Mother Design Callen Lorde Graphic Design 240118
- Stephen Tayo's photographs "create a visual narrative" of everyday encounters
- Photographer Daniel Weiss tells the story of the New York he grew up with
- Córdova Canillas seamlessly designs a multi-format furniture catalogue with seven photographers
- The year of the gif: Studio Feixen’s multitude of moving posters
- Veronika Minder's book, Art Décor, explores the life of bon viveur Bob Steffen (NSFW)
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio
- Adidas releases trainers that are also public transport tickets
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Meet Monkey Type, an international collective bananas about fonts
- The Papier Machine collection of DIY electronic paper toys reinvents the activity book