The sculptural work of twin sisters Liv and Dom Cave-Sutherland is sweet and sharp. A combination of both their process and outcome the sisters create clay and fabric products with an innate cheeky expression.
Liv and Dom’s clay pieces, in their hot pink tones often covered in glitter, are quaintly assembled pieces. However, it’s the naughty disposition that graces each one of their works that separates them from archetypal ceramic products. For instance, their incense holders have cheerful appearances, but their pursed heart shaped lips are juxtaposed with a suggestive positioning of legs, open to hold the incense sticks.
The pair’s fabric pieces emulate this personality as well, comical and silly expressions. The charm of these works is Liv and Dom’s decision to regular put them in-situ, adding an environment for their characters to live within, whether it’s a Wotsit tanned bikini babe on the beach, or a figure with a shocked expression that her dungarees have fallen down etc…
Following their popularity online, we look forward to seeing how Liv and Dom’s process expands, and hope to see more and more of their chucklesome characters come to life.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled