Rounding off a fantastic London Design Festival it’s worth mentioning the fifth London Design Medal was awarded to the Israeli industrial designer, artist, and architect Ron Arad.
Following previous winners Thomas Heatherwick, Zaha Hadid, Paul Smith and Marc Newson, Arad said on accepting the award, “Thank you London – I couldn’t imagine doing whatever I’m doing anywhere else in the world”.
Also awarded on the night was a special Lifetime Achievement Award to Vidal Sassoon.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum