The London Rollergirls is an all-female roller derby league based in London. The league was the first to be established in the UK in April 2006 and over the past decade has been a pioneering force for the growth of roller derby in the UK and Europe. This five-minute film, commissioned by iD mobile for its ‘New Originals’ series, captures the aggression, adrenaline and grace of the sport and the stories of the squad members.
From broken bones to horrendous bruises, the film offers an overview of the rules, regulations and attitude needed to understand and succeed in the sport. Produced by Virtue Worldwide, Vice’s in-house creative services agency, London Rollergirls is one of three films in the New Originals series, the others featuring Irish hip-hop artist Rejjie Snow and GB fencing duo Rajan Rai and Jai Birch telling the stories about how they discovered and pursued their passions.
- OK-RM and Daniel Shea collaborate on a new work of fiction exploring natural resources
- Cépé's illustrations capture the colours of southern France
- Joe Melhuish turns fidget spinners, avocados and anvils into animated outfits for any millennial
- Gourau and Phong stretches reality by combing photography with new technologies
- Graphic designer Benoît Brun’s comics-inspired typography leaps off the page
- Antonis Theodoridis chases the sunlight of Athens in his series Ways of Escape
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance