Those who say it’s impossible for animals to genuinely play up to the camera obviously haven’t witnessed these coquettish beauties captured by remarkably talented, tradition-hunting photographer Luke Stephenson at a bird show. Placed in impeccably chosen coloured backgrounds, these birds are simultaneously the sweetest and most fascinating creatures you could ever wish to capture on camera.
Be it the birds showbiz lifestyle or Luke Stephenson’s continual natural ability to capture the bizarre rituals of Great Britain, these are some of the funniest photos we’ve seen in a while. But which one’s your favourite? I vote the lovebird – can you seriously say that look isn’t rehearsed daily?
- James Bannister breaks down Las Vegas’ facade of success and glamour in What Makes Grass Grow In the Desert
- Daniel Fletcher uses a playful spirit to represent the excitements and anxieties of daily life
- Brian Finke captures the contrasts in pasta production in five different cities in Italy
- Carnovsky illustrates the human body under X-ray using RGB illustration technique
- Chris Ullens directs charming stop-motion music video for Rex Orange County
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity