Mercedes-Benz has teamed up with director Ace Norton, choreographer Homer Hans Bryant and fashion designer Sandy Liang for Midnight in Stuttgart. Shot at the German city’s Mercedes-Benz Museum, the short opens with a security guard closing the showroom. After doing his rounds, the man returns to his office and falls asleep. A group of mannequins, wearing clothes by emerging (and very talented) New York designer Sandy Liang come alive as a dance troupe. They perform a Hiplet™ dance choreographed by the hip hop ballet movement’s inventor Homer Hans Bryant, founder of the Chicago Multinational Dance Centre School and former principle dancer at the first black classical ballet, Dance Theatre of Harlem.
The short was captured by prolific Grammy-nominated filmmaker and artist Ace Norton, who has to date created over 80 music videos, adverts and shorts for clients including Vans, Coca Cola and Adidas, Gap, and soundtracked by picsters.tv.
- James Bannister breaks down Las Vegas’ facade of success and glamour in What Makes Grass Grow In the Desert
- Daniel Fletcher uses a playful spirit to represent the excitements and anxieties of daily life
- Brian Finke captures the contrasts in pasta production in five different cities in Italy
- Carnovsky illustrates the human body under X-ray using RGB illustration technique
- Chris Ullens directs charming stop-motion music video for Rex Orange County
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity