One of the problems with the constant Instagram culture is that it all feels a bit disposable – images ceaselessly captured, rated, forgotten. But for their Untamed campaign, to celebrate the new CLA, Mercedes-Benz put a call for Instagram snapshots that would “tickle our senses and expand our collective horizon.” They weren’t after the stereotypical Instagram staples, they wanted images that were unique, unexpected and unusual and the best were given a second life in a digital photo installation in Paris last month.
An impressive range of imagery made the cut from optical illusions to extraordinary photographs – our only regret is that we didn’t get to experience it first hand!
This post was produced in collaboration with Mercedes.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum