Just as no one likes a smug couple on Valentine’s Day, no one wants a down-in-the-mouth “poor me, poor me, pour me another!” single person either. We’ve all got to live together today folks, and what better way to help it all run smoothly than two novelty playlists? Our mixtapes this week have been decided by committee, with the whole of the It’s Nice That Studio and Twittersphere submitting songs to go on two different mixes, the first being #Couples, the second being #Singles. Which is better? You decide. For us the singles one has got a certain je ne sais quoi, but maybe that’s because it features a song entitled Red Right Hand.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum