Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of the week, the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That.
Artist, photographer, director, publisher and all-around creative Max Siedentopf has a “fun” toe tattoo and is on the lookout for another equally fun tattoo, via the medium of this month’s Monthly Brief.
Now over to Max for some more guidelines about what he’s looking for in his tattoo design – and who knows, if there’s a particularly special entry it could become part of the canvas that is Max, forever.
“There is no greater canvas than the human body. A drawing of a koala on a Segway, your favourite word, a nice flower, a conceptual joke, the name of your child, something that will bond us forever, draw a fun tattoo for me and get your work exhibited for the next 15-40 years (depending on life choices).”
How to enter:
Create your tattoo design and upload it to Instagram.
Include @itsnicethat and #ItsBriefThat in the caption.
Entries are open from Wednesday 21 November – Tuesday 27 November 9am.
Max will pick his favourite pieces to feature on It’s Nice That at the end of next week.
Tips and bits
The entry can be an illustration, photograph, painting, collage – whatever works best.
You can enter as many times as you like.
Keep an eye on #ItsBriefThat to see all the other great people getting involved.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!