Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week, the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
Last week Max Siedentopf set November’s Monthly Brief, asking you to "draw a fun tattoo for me”. Below, Max has picked some of his favourite submissions for your perusal.
“ I loved the big diversity of submissions and ideas, and in an ideal world I would get all of them – on my face. My favourite ones were a dinosaur doing business, a tattoo that lets you hold hands with your friends, neues tattoo/new tattoo, a spoof on girl’s favourite infinity tattoo, a nipple that doubles as a flower, and a soup ladle because my surname more or less translates from german to boiling pot."
However the absolute winner is @seb_price and his tattoo designs which let you measure all kinds of different things – from measuring sky-angles to (most importantly) spaghetti portions. Big thanks to everyone that took part.”
Make sure to head on over to the #ItsBriefThat hashtag on Instagram to see the rest of the entries.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!