We’ve got some very tasty new announcements for Here, our one-day, fast-paced festival of creativity. We are very pleased to announce that Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, followed by insights from in-demand, multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters will take to the stage to present an exciting exploration of their combined talents: from striking typography to interactive design, film and ideas generation. Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr.
Here is taking place this September in London’s Royal Geographical Society. The top-notch programme also includes fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, the highly-acclaimed frieze magazine art director Sonya Dyakova, Eike König (Hort), Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, Studio AKA’s BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard plus many more.
Featuring a diverse range of disciplines, from fashion designers to film directors, and from culinary masterminds to inspirational photographers, the day will be jam-packed, exciting and unique. We’re also incorporating a selection of live elements and creative experiments into the programme to ensure that it’s set apart from other design conferences and is the most spectacular It’s Nice That event to date!
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!