We’ve got some very tasty new announcements for Here, our one-day, fast-paced festival of creativity. We are very pleased to announce that Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, followed by insights from in-demand, multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters will take to the stage to present an exciting exploration of their combined talents: from striking typography to interactive design, film and ideas generation. Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr.
Here is taking place this September in London’s Royal Geographical Society. The top-notch programme also includes fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, the highly-acclaimed frieze magazine art director Sonya Dyakova, Eike König (Hort), Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, Studio AKA’s BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard plus many more.
Featuring a diverse range of disciplines, from fashion designers to film directors, and from culinary masterminds to inspirational photographers, the day will be jam-packed, exciting and unique. We’re also incorporating a selection of live elements and creative experiments into the programme to ensure that it’s set apart from other design conferences and is the most spectacular It’s Nice That event to date!
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum