We’ve got some very tasty new announcements for Here, our one-day, fast-paced festival of creativity. We are very pleased to announce that Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, followed by insights from in-demand, multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters will take to the stage to present an exciting exploration of their combined talents: from striking typography to interactive design, film and ideas generation. Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr.
Here is taking place this September in London’s Royal Geographical Society. The top-notch programme also includes fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, the highly-acclaimed frieze magazine art director Sonya Dyakova, Eike König (Hort), Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, Studio AKA’s BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard plus many more.
Featuring a diverse range of disciplines, from fashion designers to film directors, and from culinary masterminds to inspirational photographers, the day will be jam-packed, exciting and unique. We’re also incorporating a selection of live elements and creative experiments into the programme to ensure that it’s set apart from other design conferences and is the most spectacular It’s Nice That event to date!
- "We’re likely to plummet into a new dark age": Illustrator Edward Carvalho-Monaghan on learning from the past
- Phile magazine on sexual subcultures, power struggles and the launch of their second issue (NSFW)
- Why Design Thinking is bullshit
- Friday Mixtape: a mammoth mix from school project turned great band, Lowly
- Even magazine challenges the “elitist, opaque and unapproachable” discussion around art
- Meet Love Man: an illustrated big-hearted alien-human looking for his other half
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- University of Portsmouth receives backlash over costs of its rebrand
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Animator John McLaughlin’s fuzzy world of big-eyed, triangular fuzzy dudes
- Creative director Patrick Li on T: The New York Times Style Magazine's conversational new redesign