We’ve got some very tasty new announcements for Here, our one-day, fast-paced festival of creativity. We are very pleased to announce that Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, followed by insights from in-demand, multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters will take to the stage to present an exciting exploration of their combined talents: from striking typography to interactive design, film and ideas generation. Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr.
Here is taking place this September in London’s Royal Geographical Society. The top-notch programme also includes fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, the highly-acclaimed frieze magazine art director Sonya Dyakova, Eike König (Hort), Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, Studio AKA’s BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard plus many more.
Featuring a diverse range of disciplines, from fashion designers to film directors, and from culinary masterminds to inspirational photographers, the day will be jam-packed, exciting and unique. We’re also incorporating a selection of live elements and creative experiments into the programme to ensure that it’s set apart from other design conferences and is the most spectacular It’s Nice That event to date!
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme