We’ve got some very tasty new announcements for Here, our one-day, fast-paced festival of creativity. We are very pleased to announce that Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, followed by insights from in-demand, multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters will take to the stage to present an exciting exploration of their combined talents: from striking typography to interactive design, film and ideas generation. Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr.
Here is taking place this September in London’s Royal Geographical Society. The top-notch programme also includes fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, the highly-acclaimed frieze magazine art director Sonya Dyakova, Eike König (Hort), Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, Studio AKA’s BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard plus many more.
Featuring a diverse range of disciplines, from fashion designers to film directors, and from culinary masterminds to inspirational photographers, the day will be jam-packed, exciting and unique. We’re also incorporating a selection of live elements and creative experiments into the programme to ensure that it’s set apart from other design conferences and is the most spectacular It’s Nice That event to date!
- Graphic designer Anne Büttner is drawn towards all-things bold, clashing and experimental
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!