Nobody likes a bandwagon-jumper (and if you’ve sent the kind of “It’s Euro 2012 – help support England by buying our mousetraps!” type press release then SHAME ON YOU. Luckily the lovely folk over at Mother London realised that if they were going to do a special Euro 2012 fanzine it had to be a thing of beauty, depth and wit – and that’s exactly what they’ve produced.
Teaming up with the team at The Rig Out they produced Pazsport! a cheeky but intelligent publication aimed at the non-neanderthal kind of football fan (of which there are thousands despite what some newspapers might have you believe).
As Mother partner Dylan Williams puts it: “I’d always wanted to do something to counterbalance that bovver boot skinhead stereotype. A one-off fanzine in the spirit of classics like The End and Boys Own seemed the perfect way to do it. With the help of lots of really sound people I think we’ve made something pretty decent.”
The quirky, considered content is backed up by a whole heap of nice layout tricks, all of which combines to create a worthy accompaniment to the goings-on in the east.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme