Fabulous young designer Felix de Pass is next up to put himself in the way of the My LDF juggernaut. Felix is taking part in Object Abuse at KK Outlet in Hoxton Square until the end of the month.
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival?
I’m really looking forward to seeing an exhibition at Jasper Morrison’s shop that explores three centuries of drinking glasses.
What is the event, place or memory that really sums up the LDF for you?
Trying to get work done in between cycling around the city visiting exhibitions.
Any tips for LDF first-timers?
Seek out recommendations, be selective and go to open studio visits.
What’s the best way to relax after a long day at the LDF?
A refreshing drink at a good party while catching up with old friends.
What’s your favourite London design icon?
The River Thames.
In three words, how would you describe the state of the UK design industry?
Leading the world.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner