What are you doing on 28 August? We’ll be at Oval Space for Nicer Tuesdays, listening to a line-up which includes newly appointed Pentagram partner Sascha Lobe, illustrator and ceramicist Charlotte Mei and Luke Evans will be showing us his photography that will alter your perception of everyday life. Tickets are now available, here, so you can join us too!
Following your request in our recent audience survey, this month we’ll also be offering a discounted rate for those coming in a group of four or more!
Sascha Lobe is a name many graphic designers will recognise. With several accolades, including over 100 international design awards, earlier this year it was announced Sascha would move from his role at L2M3 Communication Design to become the latest Pentagram partner in London. To welcome him to London’s design scene, Sascha will be taking the Nicer Tuesdays audience through his impressive design career explaining how he got to this prestigious point.
Luke Evans is a photographer who bends a viewer’s eye. With a joyful attitude that takes objects and catapults them into something entirely new with the help of his lens, Luke’s images are never quite as they seem. After taking a break over the past few years during a brief experience with cancer, Luke will be taking the Nicer Tuesday’s audience through his personal journey and his eye-opening comeback project, Second Nature.
Charlotte Mei is an illustrator whose medium switches and swaps whenever she’s sees fit. Whether it’s a painting, a line drawing or a ceramic object, Charlotte’s pieces encapsulate a certain cuteness that has seen clients and fans fall for her time and time again. Constantly working on new pieces, Charlotte will be talking through her many methods of working and sharing the personal projects that go onto to inform her client-based work.
- Caterina Bianchini on her three processes when designing posters
- Friday Mixtape: illustrator pals Jan Buchczik and Timo Lenzen on their studio tunes
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- Mosh Pit Simulator, perhaps the craziest VR game yet, launches later this month
- Fantastic Man releases What Men Wear, an anthology of male dressing in the 21st Century
- Interior Lives documents the unassimilated lives of the largest Chinese population outside of Asia
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice