UPDATE!! Thrilled to announce that Flo Nicoll an editor at Mills & Boon has been added to next week’s line-up. Flo will be looking at what makes good erotic writing and giving some hints and tips for would-be sexy scribes. Get your tickets now!
Nicer Tuesdays might have taken a month off in June but it’s back with a vengeance in a new guise perfectly suited to the sultry summer days London is currently enjoying/enduring. For July, our informal evening of short, sharp talks this month gets all sexy and that, with a night exploring and examining erotica. It seems that creatives of all stripes have become increasingly interested in this world over recent months and so we were keen to dig a little deeper.
Confirmed to speak are Alex Tieghi-Walker, founder and editor of The Anonymous Sex Journal, who will be looking at the new appetite for naughty but nice publications and photographer Bronia Stewart who recently went behind-the-scenes at Babestation, one of the UK’s most notorious adult channels. We’re also welcoming artist, illustrator and animator Jasper Goodall.
It takes place on Tuesday July 30 between 7pm and 9:30pm at Shoreditch Studios in east London but tickets are limited, so act now or risk missing us all get our freak on (not literally) at the next Nicer Tuesdays.
As ever we’re also offering the chance for one attendee to give a three-minute talk on the night. To apply, simply email [email protected] stating your name, what you do and a short summary of your talk – remember it should relate to the theme of erotica!
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum