Animator I Saw John First looked to an eclectic bank of references for his music video for Mr Jukes. “I’m into obscurity, Japan, imaginary worlds, heads with feet, ghost stories and spirits,” he said, showing sketches, development animatics and excerpts from the final animation. Colourful, fantastical and hypnotic, the visuals for the track Angels/Your Love feat. BJ The Chicago Kid are also synced with the beat, meaning every detail of the frame-by-frame animation emulates the song.
“I wanted it to be joyous but genuine,” he says. As Mr Jukes’ output is worlds away from the musician Jack Steadman’s other work as frontman of Bombay Bicycle Club, this project became about defining the difference aesthetically. “The heart of the project was to get away from everything he was already connected to. It became an almost stylistic quest. I can promise you bizarre scenarios, creatures and over-saturated colours.”
Event Partner: Dropbox
Dropbox Paper is a collaborative workspace that eliminates distractions that get in the way of creativity. Because you can work with all types of content – from video, to sound to code – in Paper, you and your collaborators can easily edit and discuss all aspects of your project in one centralised place.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock. Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why we choose Park for Printed Pages.
Supported by: The Five Points Brewing Company
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, London, brewing with a commitment to provenance, quality, consistency and the community since 2013.
- Chaotic, colourful and absurdly creative, it's Landfill Editions latest release
- Is it possible to make “art for art’s sake” as an artist of colour?
- Colour for Change: Navine G. Khan-Dossos on her residency with the patients of St Mary’s Hospital
- A peek inside Apartamento magazine’s new blockbuster book
- Jae Ee’s graphic design practice embodies today’s vernaculars
- A hum of publishing activity at a trio of Manchester book fairs
- Good Type’s new fonts continue to rivet the typographic community
- The internet responds to Banksy’s self-destructive act of art
- A painting of "The Republican Club" is now hanging in the White House
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Area of Work's CGI objects will make you do a double take
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial