Anna Gerber and Britt Iversen founded Visual Editions with the aim to be “a traditional book publisher making very untraditional books”. This notion is truly brought to life in its imprint, of sorts, Editions At Play – a collaborative project with Google Creative Lab that “brings magic and delight into digital books”.
“What if you could make a space where you could explore and play in the world of digital publishing,” they asked at the start of the collaboration. “A lot of it is just pdfs. Kindles aren’t magical. We want to make something unprintable, keepable, physical.” For this, they dissected what makes a book ‘a book’. “Books must have pages! If it has pages, it’s not a game or a film, it’s a book. It has a frame, a border.”
At Nicer Tuesdays, the duo revealed Editions At Play’s new release, Breathe, a ghost story that uses a phone’s geo-location technology to adapt the story to its reader’s surroundings. “Each reading experience is unique,” they explain, “…a very intimate bedtime story.”
Event Partner: Dropbox
Dropbox Paper is a collaborative workspace that eliminates distractions that get in the way of creativity. Because you can work with all types of content – from video, to sound to code – in Paper, you and your collaborators can easily edit and discuss all aspects of your project in one centralised place.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock. Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why we choose Park for Printed Pages.
Supported by: The Five Points Brewing Company
The Five Points Brewing Company is an independent brewery based in Hackney, London, brewing with a commitment to provenance, quality, consistency and the community since 2013.
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Cover Stories: Veronica Ditting on the covers that left a lasting impression on her work
- Alix Marie’s photographic sculptures celebrate bodily experiences
- Nadine Redlich’s new book illustrates the moment you realise you actually hate your partner
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist
- Christopher Golden creates colourful digital environments that utilise visual abnormalities
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments