We are excited to announce that illustrator Josh McKenna is our final speaker at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, which will take place on Monday 18 September rather than our usual Tuesday slot.
The illustrator will be sharing insight behind his work for Google Stickers celebrating Pride, and his more recent Pride commission for Instagram which includes a majestically sassy sticker many of you will recognise from Instagram stories.
Josh joins September’s line-up which includes BBC creative director David Bailey who will be discussing its new typeface BBC Reith, choreographer and director Holly Blakey who has worked with everyone from Dior to Darkstar, and renowned illustrator Laura Callaghan who will be talking through a recent commission for Zeit Magazin where she illustrated Germany if women were in charge.
Remaining tickets for the evening taking place on Monday 18 September are available here and below.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- In the Studio With: Balancing innovation and usability, with digital creative studio Future Corp
- Dis.art turns "learning into a Netflix-like experience"
- James Aspey's grid inspired typeface New Europa features a user-generated specimen
- Photographer Stratos Kalafatis on life inside the 1200-year old Mount Athos
- Sean van den Steenhoven’s projects utilise voice as a design tool to make statements
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- “I love the imperfections, the grains and the stains": Ryan Ormsby on his creative approach
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Fill your AR world with collage, courtesy of app Dumb Fun
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design