We are excited to announce that illustrator Josh McKenna is our final speaker at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, which will take place on Monday 18 September rather than our usual Tuesday slot.
The illustrator will be sharing insight behind his work for Google Stickers celebrating Pride, and his more recent Pride commission for Instagram which includes a majestically sassy sticker many of you will recognise from Instagram stories.
Josh joins September’s line-up which includes BBC creative director David Bailey who will be discussing its new typeface BBC Reith, choreographer and director Holly Blakey who has worked with everyone from Dior to Darkstar, and renowned illustrator Laura Callaghan who will be talking through a recent commission for Zeit Magazin where she illustrated Germany if women were in charge.
Remaining tickets for the evening taking place on Monday 18 September are available here and below.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- Photographer Ellius Grace captures the ghostly churches of Ireland and the figures that haunt them
- William Farr’s floral sculptures are a celebration of ephemera and controlled chaos
- George Fletcher's typeface Hinault, inspired by 1980s cycling, is full of character and detail
- Ricardo Nagaoka's Eden Within Eden is a purgatorial portrait of Portland
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Graphic designers Dorothy comprehensively map out the history of club culture
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Can Yang's graphic design style is deep-rooted in her Chinese heritage
- New Zealander Luke Hoban designs websites that not only have form and function, but flair
- Jackson Joyce's melancholic illustrations inspired by childhood nostalgia