We are excited to announce that illustrator Josh McKenna is our final speaker at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, which will take place on Monday 18 September rather than our usual Tuesday slot.
The illustrator will be sharing insight behind his work for Google Stickers celebrating Pride, and his more recent Pride commission for Instagram which includes a majestically sassy sticker many of you will recognise from Instagram stories.
Josh joins September’s line-up which includes BBC creative director David Bailey who will be discussing its new typeface BBC Reith, choreographer and director Holly Blakey who has worked with everyone from Dior to Darkstar, and renowned illustrator Laura Callaghan who will be talking through a recent commission for Zeit Magazin where she illustrated Germany if women were in charge.
Remaining tickets for the evening taking place on Monday 18 September are available here and below.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled