We are excited to announce that illustrator Josh McKenna is our final speaker at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, which will take place on Monday 18 September rather than our usual Tuesday slot.
The illustrator will be sharing insight behind his work for Google Stickers celebrating Pride, and his more recent Pride commission for Instagram which includes a majestically sassy sticker many of you will recognise from Instagram stories.
Josh joins September’s line-up which includes BBC creative director David Bailey who will be discussing its new typeface BBC Reith, choreographer and director Holly Blakey who has worked with everyone from Dior to Darkstar, and renowned illustrator Laura Callaghan who will be talking through a recent commission for Zeit Magazin where she illustrated Germany if women were in charge.
Remaining tickets for the evening taking place on Monday 18 September are available here and below.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- Seulgi Lee’s textiles artwork acts as a means of anthropological theory
- Kristine Kawakubo’s handmade books focus on typographic experimentation
- Early Russian colour photography and Spaghetti Westerns collide in new book from S_U_N
- Illustrator Grace Helmer on protecting her work life balance
- Music, experimental typesetting and Buckfast: Left Alone Zine returns
- Take a look inside John Booth’s exuberant and chaotic dream bedroom
- This is an article about Wieden+Kennedy’s clever ad campaign - No B.S
- The Saul Bass Archive looks back on the trailblazer’s rare poster design
- Combining thoughtful design and big business: an interview with Made Thought
- Iceland’s Christmas advert banned from broadcast for being too political
- Typeface Pickle-Standard both obeys and rejects the grid at the same time
- "We all need to spend more time looking beyond the surface": Trevor Jackson on 30 years of creativity