Joining us for our next event on 31 May, this month’s Nicer Tuesday panelists are experts in disruption.
Fresh from the publication of his new book Failed It!, creative director Erik Kessels will be chatting about how to morph mistakes into creative projects. Expect invaluable life advice from this esteemed ad man plus side-splitting anecdotes on real life cock-ups.
Kathryn Ferguson’s films for the likes of Chloé, Nike and Lady Gaga feature a sharp aesthetic sense while tackling big issues like gender equality, body positivity and aging. At Nicer Tuesdays she’ll discuss her recent projects, using fashion film as a vehicle for social change and her role as Selfridges’ resident film director.
London-based studio Builders Club will spill the beans on their latest project, a film about little-known artist Robert Ruskin. The team were given unparalleled access to Ruskin’s six-decade spanning archive plus rare interview time at his studio on the South Coast, making for a ground-breaking snapshot of this elusive talent.
Described as “_J-17_ meets Private Eye”, fashion publication Mushpit is a homage to the style and sass of teen mags with an added note of very adult satire. Now on their eighth issue, founders Bertie Brandes and Charlotte Roberts will unpick their unique brand of political fashion, ad-free publishing and the joys of an agony aunt column.
Tickets are available now for 31 May.
31 New Inn Yard
Doors open at 7pm and talks start at 7.30pm until 9pm.
Event partner: Revue
Revue is a tool that enables you to easily create an email digest that helps you to communicate with your network. The platform provides a sleek landing page where people can subscribe, allowing you to decide where and with whom you share it. With a click of a button, you can compile your tweets, stories, or interesting articles you’ve read that week to share with your subscribers.
Visit www.getrevue.co to get started, and receive your first three months free on a pro account with discount code NICERTUESDAYS
Supported by Park Communications
Nicer Tuesdays is also supported by Park Communications one of London’s eminent, most friendly and approachable printers.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum