Joining us for our next event on 31 May, this month’s Nicer Tuesday panelists are experts in disruption.
Fresh from the publication of his new book Failed It!, creative director Erik Kessels will be chatting about how to morph mistakes into creative projects. Expect invaluable life advice from this esteemed ad man plus side-splitting anecdotes on real life cock-ups.
Kathryn Ferguson’s films for the likes of Chloé, Nike and Lady Gaga feature a sharp aesthetic sense while tackling big issues like gender equality, body positivity and aging. At Nicer Tuesdays she’ll discuss her recent projects, using fashion film as a vehicle for social change and her role as Selfridges’ resident film director.
London-based studio Builders Club will spill the beans on their latest project, a film about little-known artist Robert Ruskin. The team were given unparalleled access to Ruskin’s six-decade spanning archive plus rare interview time at his studio on the South Coast, making for a ground-breaking snapshot of this elusive talent.
Described as “_J-17_ meets Private Eye”, fashion publication Mushpit is a homage to the style and sass of teen mags with an added note of very adult satire. Now on their eighth issue, founders Bertie Brandes and Charlotte Roberts will unpick their unique brand of political fashion, ad-free publishing and the joys of an agony aunt column.
Tickets are available now for 31 May.
31 New Inn Yard
Doors open at 7pm and talks start at 7.30pm until 9pm.
Event partner: Revue
Revue is a tool that enables you to easily create an email digest that helps you to communicate with your network. The platform provides a sleek landing page where people can subscribe, allowing you to decide where and with whom you share it. With a click of a button, you can compile your tweets, stories, or interesting articles you’ve read that week to share with your subscribers.
Visit www.getrevue.co to get started, and receive your first three months free on a pro account with discount code NICERTUESDAYS
Supported by Park Communications
Nicer Tuesdays is also supported by Park Communications one of London’s eminent, most friendly and approachable printers.
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher