Superimpose, a global but fully independent studio based in London (and soon LA), were the second to take the stage at September’s Nicer Tuesdays.
Joining us was the studio’s founders Toby Evans and Ollie Olanipekun who took us through the studio’s unique approach to briefs. Rather than go chasing clients directly, Superimpose instead decided to put out the work they would anyway through personal projects, through its side project, Services Unknown.
As a result, Toby and Ollie run a studio where its team are empowered and culturally rooted and clients such as Adidas and Burberry have come knocking on their door to work with them collaboratively.
- Call for Collaboration: your chance to collaborate with Kelly Anna on a limited edition zine
- OK-RM and Daniel Shea collaborate on a new work of fiction exploring natural resources
- Cépé's illustrations capture the colours of southern France
- Joe Melhuish turns fidget spinners, avocados and anvils into animated outfits for any millennial
- Gourau and Phong stretches reality by combing photography with new technologies
- Graphic designer Benoît Brun’s comics-inspired typography leaps off the page
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance