We are excited to announce that Printed Pages SS18 is now on general sale. The biannual magazine is It’s Nice That’s curated view of the creative world from the past six months, packed with inspiring and innovative creatives from emerging talents to leading names of the industry. Underlying this issue is a theme of using creativity as a voice, a platform for discovery, innovation, unity and change.
This issue includes interviews with stage designer to the stars Es Devlin, graphic design duo Sagmeister & Walsh, artists Gilbert and George, pioneer of street photography Joel Meyerowitz, artist Eddie Peake, New Yorker cartoonist Joost Swarte, performance artist Tehching Hsieh, and designer/activist Anne Lund, creator of anti-nuclear symbol The Smiling Sun.
We celebrate the life and work of American Roman Catholic nun-turned-artist Corita Kent, and Pentagram partner Natasha Jen pens an opinion piece for us on the flaws of design thinking. Also don’t miss our feature Women at Work, wherein four international female illustrators at the top of their game – Malika Favre, Ram Han, Martina Paukova and Miranda Tacchia – candidly discuss their experiences and the industry over WhatsApp.
Our cover star is Edel Rodriguez, the Cuban-born, American-raised illustrator and activist whose magazine covers depicting Trump have become icons of protest worldwide. We spoke to him about going viral, which he has visualised brilliantly in the cover illustration showing a sea of eyes pointing his way.
All of the features are brought to life with vivid and eclectic illustration and photography, commissioned specially by It’s Nice That’s in-house creative team and executed by exciting creatives such as Hollie Fernando, Nina Manandhar, Thomas Hedger and Alice Tye.
As if that wasn’t enough, if you order directly from It’s Nice That’s online shop Company of Parrots, the magazine comes with a specially commissioned print by renowned illustrator Jean Jullien, and Nuclear Power No Thanks stickers by Anne Lund, plus five postcards featuring some of the best images in the issue by Manshen Lo, Grace Helmer, Roberts Rurans, Thomas Hedger and Dham Srifuengfung.
Printed Pages is available for £10 + P&P – buy it here to get the magazine and all the extra goodies. Alternatively, you can find the mag through our stockists, listed below.
UK and EU Stockists
Armoire Officielle A/S [Copenhagen]
Artwords Bookshop Limited [Broadway Market, London]
Artwords Bookshop Limited [Rivington St, London]
Athenaeum Boekhandel [Amsterdam]
Blackwells [Oxford Arts]
Bookstore Ltd (Nide) Helsinki
Bruil & Van De Staaij [Meppel Douwenmaat]
Buchhandlung Walther Koenig GmbH & Co
Charlotte Street News [London]
Colours May Vary
Companyia Central Llibretera [Barcelona]
Counter-Print (Celine Leterne)
Distribuciones LORING Art S.L.
Do You Readme?! GbR [Berlin]
Fluorescent Smogg / Kasso Kasso
Foyles [DEPT 31/R/Fiction & Magazines]
Free Times And Llibres (Ivan) [Barcelona
Gudberg Nerger GmbH [Hamburg]
Hambledon [Winchester] 928 282 032
Here Shop Ltd
Home General Store BS [Brescia]
HUH [Dalston, Lodnon]
ICA Bookshop [London]
Ideas On Paper [Nottingham]
KK OUTLET [Hoxton, London]
La Biblioteka [Sheffield]
Libreria Dada [Valencia]
London Borough Of Jam
Lorem (not Ipsum) [Zurich]
Magazine Brighton Ltd
MagCulture [London EC1]
Magma [Covent Garden]
Materia Prima [P-4050-381 PORTO]
Newbridge Project [Newcastle]
Nook Shop Ltd [Stoke Newington, Lodon]
Norse Store [Copenhagen]
Nottingham Contemporary Trading Ltd
Photographers’ Gallery [London]
PRO QM Thematische Buchhandlung [Berlin
Shanghai Co Of China
SLG Trading Ltd
Smith Project Co. Ltd.
Somerset House Trust
Store Berlin Ltd
Tate Modern [London]
Ti Pi Tin
Tomart Limited (Kubrick) (Hong Kong)
Traders Pop [Maastricht]
Under The Cover [Lisbon]
Village Bookstore [Leeds]
Walther Koenig Books [Serpentine, London]
For international (US, Asia and Australia) please visit www.magazinecafe.co.uk.
- Miranda July’s latest work is a high-tech portrait of the Uber driver who took her to interview Rihanna
- Léa Augereau's figurative paintings feature a diverse range of strong and confident women
- Artist Adam Ferriss' photography filters are better than any on Snapchat
- Graphic designer Jaap Smit physicalises the web in his data-driven practice
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year