What a joy it is to come into It’s Nice That and have a filthy, hardback comic book that you’ve been waiting patiently for for what feels like FOREVER sat on your desk. Forming II is the brainchild of Jesse Moynihan, infamous comic book creator and storyboarder for widely-loved cartoon, Adventure Time. For some reason I personally cannot get into the latter, but the former I love with all of my heart.
Forming was a strange voyage to the future where animals, aliens, creatures and kind-of-humans struggled with life and its ups and downs in a hilarious and visually arresting way, Forming II is no different. It’s about friendship, hardship and most other good ships, and opens with chilled-out character Iapetus’ face getting a rash and a robot in his mirror trying to fix it, but accidentally melting it – talk about start as you mean to go on. Swearwords, juicy and hilarious sex scenes and some stoner jargon, not to mention utterly brilliant artwork, this is the perfect comic book and should be read by anybody who digs anything. Can’t frigging wait for Forming III.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum