The 38 games of the 2015/16 Premier League season were unprecedented in their drama with Leicester City defying the 5000/1 odds to lift the trophy. Season Annual, founded by Charlie Sims, Sam Smith and Josh Williams, is a comprehensive document of the events that unfolded over the course of the competition. The 426-page book includes the work of three designers, 39 illustrators and two journalists to create an informative and entertaining almanac of the season.
The book is organised into sections for each match day with a full write up of the best game that week and an illustration of the man of the match. This is complimented with diagrams depicting the best goal of the week, artworks depicting key and controversial moments and typographic quotes from players and managers. The work is a labour of love for the founders, all football fanatics, and the list of contributors includes Michael Driver, Chester Holme and Reece Wykes.
- Graphic designer Si Weon Kim's side projects explore her culture, creating historical homages
- Will Anderson’s Bafta-nominated animation Have Heart follows a gif stuck in an infinite loop
- Looking east: how Smörgåsbord designed a soju brand to work in Europe and Asia alike
- The lonely claustrophobia of Adam Reynolds’ nuclear missile site series
- TwoPoints.Net design a typeface for ESPN The Magazine's Winter Olympics 2018 issue
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Rihanna's new advert shows that her make-up line is for all genders
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Jim Carrey is now a political cartoonist and he's taking down the Trump presidency
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood