The 38 games of the 2015/16 Premier League season were unprecedented in their drama with Leicester City defying the 5000/1 odds to lift the trophy. Season Annual, founded by Charlie Sims, Sam Smith and Josh Williams, is a comprehensive document of the events that unfolded over the course of the competition. The 426-page book includes the work of three designers, 39 illustrators and two journalists to create an informative and entertaining almanac of the season.
The book is organised into sections for each match day with a full write up of the best game that week and an illustration of the man of the match. This is complimented with diagrams depicting the best goal of the week, artworks depicting key and controversial moments and typographic quotes from players and managers. The work is a labour of love for the founders, all football fanatics, and the list of contributors includes Michael Driver, Chester Holme and Reece Wykes.
- From Kanye West to Cartoon Network: Encyclopedia Pictura’s latest animations champion the power of DIY skills
- Amad Ilyas’ Naach Girls project explores the portrayal of dancing girls in South Asia
- Haruna Kawai breaks down the boundaries between illustration and sculpture
- Sam Jayne's abstract and psychedelic design portfolio is inspired by nature
- Catching up with Charlotte Trounce while on a residency in Japan
- "I always seem to look for oddities": photographer Clark Franklyn on his dreamy landscapes
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare