The 38 games of the 2015/16 Premier League season were unprecedented in their drama with Leicester City defying the 5000/1 odds to lift the trophy. Season Annual, founded by Charlie Sims, Sam Smith and Josh Williams, is a comprehensive document of the events that unfolded over the course of the competition. The 426-page book includes the work of three designers, 39 illustrators and two journalists to create an informative and entertaining almanac of the season.
The book is organised into sections for each match day with a full write up of the best game that week and an illustration of the man of the match. This is complimented with diagrams depicting the best goal of the week, artworks depicting key and controversial moments and typographic quotes from players and managers. The work is a labour of love for the founders, all football fanatics, and the list of contributors includes Michael Driver, Chester Holme and Reece Wykes.
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- Evan Cohen’s illustrated characters work together to travel through the panels of his comic
- Tadas Karpavicius's risky opera catalogue creates "fluidity and an organic feeling"
- Wang & Söderström create digital art you want to reach out and touch in new exhibition
- Joe Mrava and Austin Ledzian tell the story of the modern-day female farmer
- Photographer Lukas Korschan got on the wrong boat, but made a great series out of it
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection