Next up in the talks from our outer-space themed Nicer Tuesdays is illustrator Ben Newman. Ben was inspired to create a space book after seeing the dull offerings in the bookshop where he once worked, and by “the sense of fascination and wonder” in the illustration-heavy books produced before man walked on the moon. Ben worked with his physicist friend Dominic Walliman to create Professor Astro Cat’s Frontiers of Space, and spoke about the challenges of making something both scientifically robust and simple enough for his target audience. Borrowing the four-colour print process from the space books of old, his became a huge hit and has been translated into nine languages.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at [email protected] or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk
- Using flowers and colour, photographer Giseok Cho documents his generation of Koreans
- Paul Gacon's dynamic portfolio spans printed matter, visual identities, type design and more
- Laurie Avon is an illustrator utilising the power, persuasion and human qualities of print
- The latest series by Israeli art collective Broken Fingaz showcases a contemporary twist on traditional oil painting
- New comic Cult of the Ibis, arises out of the history of Western magic and alchemy
- Editions At Play’s latest book challenges the conventions of publishing
- Want a dream job? Studio Ghibli is hiring
- Creativity and control: Stanley Kubrick's obsessiveness and the meticulous films it produced
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- Studio Nuno Fontes on its clean and ordered work for the cultural sector