The Royal College of Art’s graduation shows are now in full swing and unsurprisingly the reaction to Show RCA 2014 has been terrific. Continuing with our video portraits of some of those students taking part, here are some more insights into the projects and personalities of those whose work is currently on show across the Kensington and Battersea campuses. From a ceramicist and a sculptor to an animator and one of those graduating in the brand new Service Design course, meet these four talents and then make a date to get down to the shows during the next week or so.
It’s Nice That is proud be media partner for Show RCA 2014 which runs until 29 June (closed 27); find out more on the dedicated website.
- “Fear and desire for connection and the blocks to it”: artist Martine Syms on her exhibition Grand Calme
- Iggy Ldn captures beauty, power and pain in his short film, Velvet
- Art Bank Taiwan joins London Design Biennale this week, exploring cultural identity through political and social commentary
- Tiziana Jill Beck explores the identity of anonymous travellers through masks
- The new issue of Indoek brings America's oldest city to life
- Master of plasticine Kate Isobel Scott is back with a new animation
- Uber gets another new logo, gives you something to make small talk about this weekend
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Type designer Kia Tasbihgou on how “knowing cool designers and nice fonts isn’t enough”
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- V&A curator Marie Foulston wants us to look at video games through the lens of design
- You know that great feeling of popping a spot? You'll get that from Sophie Koko Gate's new animation