Somerset’s House Studios’ first public programme has been announced. The programme, including events, performances, guest curations, critical discussions and artist-led trips, will launch next week with performance interventions from experimental performance groups Forest Fringe and Fuel Theatre.
To celebrate its tenth birthday, artist-led Forest Fringe are leading a three-day gathering on “memory, survival and resistance”, while theatre producers Fuel will present The Situation Room, a space where “artists, musicians and academics can engage with current issues”.
Having remade what were Inland Revenue offices into eclectic studios for “artists, makers and thinkers” in October, the Somerset House Studios project has already proved itself. Among the impressively diverse roster of creatives holed-up in the Studios are experimental musician Graham Dunning, designer Charles Jeffrey and Minimaforms, an art, architecture and design practise. Want to be a part of it? Applications to join the community are open until 7 December.
- “Fear and desire for connection and the blocks to it”: artist Martine Syms on her exhibition Grand Calme
- Iggy Ldn captures beauty, power and pain in his short film, Velvet
- Art Bank Taiwan joins London Design Biennale this week, exploring cultural identity through political and social commentary
- Tiziana Jill Beck explores the identity of anonymous travellers through masks
- The new issue of Indoek brings America's oldest city to life
- Master of plasticine Kate Isobel Scott is back with a new animation
- Uber gets another new logo, gives you something to make small talk about this weekend
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Type designer Kia Tasbihgou on how “knowing cool designers and nice fonts isn’t enough”
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- V&A curator Marie Foulston wants us to look at video games through the lens of design
- You know that great feeling of popping a spot? You'll get that from Sophie Koko Gate's new animation