“Las Vegas is the strip club capital of the world,” says Stefanie Moshammer, an Austrian photographer whose recent project led her to the underbelly of Nevada’s shimmering city. Stefanie began work on a series called Vegas and She, in which she documents strippers, nightclubs, and various bits and bobs that represent Las Vegas culture: bright pink limos, dust trails, palm trees, and diving boards into sapphire pools.
“I was in Las Vegas for two months last year. My portrait of this place is a mix of my experiences and the world that was going on around me,” Stefanie said. “Portraying a place is always a blending of our perceptions and our fantasies. I was trying to make images that create an ambiguous space, that take us away from reality and are somewhere between illusion, desire and fantasy.” It’s true, Stefanie’s work is like fantasy. The places she takes her camera to are stark, shiny dreamworlds so alien that I can barely believe they exist. It’s almost bizarre. Hats off to Stefanie for producing an entirely cliche-free project about the weird, unpredictable place that is Sin City.
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Cover Stories: Veronica Ditting on the covers that left a lasting impression on her work
- Alix Marie’s photographic sculptures celebrate bodily experiences
- Nadine Redlich’s new book illustrates the moment you realise you actually hate your partner
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist
- Christopher Golden creates colourful digital environments that utilise visual abnormalities
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments