A lot of the things you read now about students is all gloom and doom – hiked fees, a paucity of graduate jobs, people drinking so much they turn into pumpkins (I may not have read that one properly) but we know there’s much more to uni life than that. Across the world there’s lots of creative, interesting and inspirational young talents producing lots of exciting, innovative and tremendously accomplished work – and we want to hear from them. If you fancy tossing your hat into the ring to become our April student of the month, then we’d love to hear from you, all the details are below…
Any level of education counts: Foundation, BA, MA, and their international equivalents. We will be selecting submissions on an individual project basis, which means you should be submitting what you believe to be your very best project to date. We are aware, from our own Art School experiences, that projects can vary in scale, format and medium, so here are some submission guidelines…
Text + Links
We need specifics first:
– your full name
– full course title
– place of study
– what year you’re currently in.
Next, send through a paragraph (of no more then 150 words) about you, your project, and when the work was made. We’ll be back in touch for more information if you are selected.
We also need to know relevant links. If you have an online presence – be it a blog, website, youtube channel, flickr account, tumblr, university portfolio site, etc. – send the information over.
If you’re submitting a video/moving image piece, please include a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
You can also include any relevant stills or process shots, which leads us to….
– a maximum of five images, preferably landscape, at 595 pixels wide. (Portrait images will be subject to some serious cropping.)
– all images should be from the same project. If there is only one outcome to your project, you might consider process shots, or a “jazzy angle”.
– include them as single attachments within the email, preferably not as zips or pdfs.
Lastly, some important things to remember:
– you may only submit one project at a time
– send in only one project per month
– lastly, please refrain from submitting the same project more then once.
When submitting work, please title the email “Student of the Month”, and send to [email protected]
- Brr it’s cold in here, it must be Best of the Web in the atmosphere!
- Is it real, or is it not? Mirror Mirror's identity for Integrated 2017
- Alex Moy’s animation explores where our minds drift off to when we’re distracted
- Friday Mixtape: Jake Chapman’s band, Funhole
- Islena Neira’s halftone animation depicts a sleepless night
- Hezin O’s charmingly illustrated 2018 calendar inspired by A-Z cards for children
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Photographer Ivar Wigan on his new collaboration with larrydavid420
- Loud, vibrant, evocative: Paul Gorman tells The Story of The Face