Hi podlings! You’re in for a treat this week. Rob’s away so Liv’s in charge and she, Maisie and James are here to chew the fat on all today’s cultural topics. There’s a shitload going on in the world of art and design at the moment, and there’s Glastonbury and the World Cup too, so it’s best you keep up with the latest facts to impress your mates with. Up for it? We are, get stuck in using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we got stuck into chatting about our brand new redesign! Yes It’s Nice That has had a summer makeover and we discuss why we’ve changed things up and what we hope it will bring to the audience. We then chatted about Glastonbury festival because we felt like it wasn’t getting quite enough coverage already. It may be worth saying that out of the three of us, only James had actually been to the festival, just in case you thought you were going to get some real insight. If you want real insight, check out this incredible article in which a guy describes how he is the only person recorded to have successfully braved the Glastonbury fence.
After the break we chatted about the recent discussions about BP’s continuous sponsorship of the National Portrait Award, and then moved on to discuss this year’s very exciting It’s Nice That Graduates! We chatted about what we look for, why we do it, and what’s in it for the students who enter. Thanks for listening, as ever, and catch you next week. Bye!
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- Western Fronts is a nature documentary that collapses into itself
- As a response to the world around him, Christopher Anderson photographs the cops of New York City
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!