HELLO! Welcome back listeners. This week’s pod is an absolute CRACKER because is it just me or are things starting to feel just…a little…bit…festive? Listen to this week’s rather funny (if we say so ourselves) podcast on the SoundCloud below or just subscribe via iTunes here. so you can listen to it on the bus home. Learning!
We kicked off this week chatting about Mould Map, which has smashed its Kickstarter this week and raised nearly £30,000! And you thought illustrators had no money. We then reminisced about the time Thibaud Herem came into the office this week and showed us his magnificent new book about the art deco buildings of London. GET ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST. We also had a gush about Pharrell and the interactive scroll-fest of an interview with him put together by Tim Saccenti and chatted about the truly game-changing designs for A&E by Pearson Lloyd.
Annnnnnddd rolling into section two, we got all arty and had a very intellectual discussion about this year’s Turner Prize winner, Laure Prouvost. In true It’s Nice That fashion we then turned our attention to the Turnip Prize which is held in Somerset each year to poke fun at the art world with puns. Why not, eh? We then go on to have a good old chinwag about the 60th anniversary of intelligent naughty magazine Playboy. Is Kate Moss a good choice for their 18-page pull out? Probably. See you next week!
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled