HELLO! Welcome back listeners. This week’s pod is an absolute CRACKER because is it just me or are things starting to feel just…a little…bit…festive? Listen to this week’s rather funny (if we say so ourselves) podcast on the SoundCloud below or just subscribe via iTunes here. so you can listen to it on the bus home. Learning!
We kicked off this week chatting about Mould Map, which has smashed its Kickstarter this week and raised nearly £30,000! And you thought illustrators had no money. We then reminisced about the time Thibaud Herem came into the office this week and showed us his magnificent new book about the art deco buildings of London. GET ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST. We also had a gush about Pharrell and the interactive scroll-fest of an interview with him put together by Tim Saccenti and chatted about the truly game-changing designs for A&E by Pearson Lloyd.
Annnnnnddd rolling into section two, we got all arty and had a very intellectual discussion about this year’s Turner Prize winner, Laure Prouvost. In true It’s Nice That fashion we then turned our attention to the Turnip Prize which is held in Somerset each year to poke fun at the art world with puns. Why not, eh? We then go on to have a good old chinwag about the 60th anniversary of intelligent naughty magazine Playboy. Is Kate Moss a good choice for their 18-page pull out? Probably. See you next week!
- Lee Kan Kyo’s practice involves taking a selfie a day and a loyalty card club
- Office supplies sweat, struggle and stress in Philotheus Nisch’s recent series for Die Epilog
- It’s been another busy year of cultural design projects for Badesaison
- Kengo Kuma tells us why we need “a new period of natural design”
- The essentials of handling your finances as a graduate, junior or freelance creative
- Painter Nick McPhail uses Renaissance techniques to make his architectural landscapes “glow”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!